WELCOME TO WESLEY CHURCH!
A friendly community
Biblical teaching and preaching
Classical but contemporary worship with a rich musical heritage
Sunday Worship at 11 am Has Resumed
Sunday on-site worship services has resumed for those who are fully vaccinated.
The worship leader and preacher this week is our Rev Alistair Macrae
Other opportunities for worship will be available for those who, for whatever reason, are not vaccinated.
For those who are unable to attend worship in person, the Order of Service with hyperlinks (in red) to hymns, and for some weeks, readings, children’s talk and sermon will still be available here by every Friday.
Our weekly free organ recitals is back starting next Tuesday 7th December at 1 pm – 1.30pm. (Covid guidelines apply).
Last Sunday’s Sermon – November 28th
Rev Dr Sandy Yule
QR Code Check in
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines, events in the church require scanning with the QR code at the entry to the church.
Wesley Morning 11 am Worship Services
(Re-open for live services on Sunday 28th November for the fully vaccinated)
Evening services (onsite evening services remain suspended until further notice)
130 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne, VICTORIA 3000
(between Russell St and Exhibition St)
Tuesdays to Thursdays (Part-time Hours)
Some facts about Wesley Church
- Built in 1858, major restoration works completed in 2020.
- Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902, and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
- Located in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia
- In 1893, in response to community needs, started what is now Uniting Vic.Tas, a large community services organisation serving the most vulnerable people in our community. https://www.vt.uniting.org/
- Offers ‘mainstream’ biblical teaching and classical reformed worship
- A cross-cultural congregation, including people of various Asian and Pacific cultures
- Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Uniting Church in Australia
Wesley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Yarra Yarra Presbytery and the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
Wesley Church seeks to serve Christ with the following mission priorities for the coming five years:
- to provide services of worship, building on our present style, and with a special focus on the ministry of music
- to continue to welcome, care for and nurture all who share in our worship and congregational life
- to grow as a cross-cultural and inclusive community, especially welcoming and supporting visitors and international students, while developing our partnership with the Gospel Hall congregation
- to be a vital centre available to the Uniting Church and ecumenical partners